Spay and Neuter Sacramento
Spaying and neutering are routine, affordable veterinary surgeries that help pets live longer, healthier lives. This surgical procedure is performed under general anesthesia typically when the pet is around 6 months of age. This not only helps prevent surprise pregnancies as well as unwanted sexual behaviors but also diseases and other health problems that can arise later in life.
The decision to spay or neuter your pet is an important one. These procedures will not only benefit your pets health and happiness, it will also positively impact your community and your family!
Spaying or neutering your pet will benefit their health.
- Spaying eliminates stress for females during heat periods
- Neutering decreases aggression in male dogs, making them less likely to roam or fight
- Neutering prevents testicular cancer and reduces the risk of prostate cancer
- Spayed and neutered pets are less likely to contract serious infections
Spaying or neutering your pet benefits the community.
- Help fight the nationwide animal overpopulation crisis
- Reduce the spread of canine and feline disease
- Decrease the burden on your local animal shelter
- Don’t let pets go without loving homes!
Spaying or neutering your pet benefits you.
- Spayed and neutered cats are less likely to mark their territory
- Sterlized pets are less likely to bite or be overly hyperactive
Contact Sacramento Veterinarian Dr. Susan Barrett Today To Learn More About Our Advanced Dentistry and State-of-the-Art Dental Operatory, call 916-482-4084. Watt Avenue Pet Hospital welcomes walk-ins!